Miss Community Sweetheart Contests
The Mill Creek Cluster Education Foundation sponsors the Miss Mill Creek Scholarship Pageant & is a non-profit 501(c). MCCEF depends on the Miss Mill Creek Scholarship Pageant contestants, to sell sponsorship ads in the program. The money raised from the sponsorship ads sold provides educational grants to Mill Creek High School cluster schools & Scholarships to Mill Creek High School Seniors. Click here to view the 2016/2017 recipients of the educational grants.
All contestants are encouraged to participate in the Little, Junior, Miss & Elite Community Sweetheart contest. There is 1 crowned title per division & a Miss Elite Community Sweetheart. The division titles are awarded to the top sponsorship ad sales into the Miss Mill Creek Scholarship Program & the Miss Elite Community Sweetheart title is awarded to the top sponsorship ad sales in all divisions combined. In addition to our largest crowns given out to these titles, the winners will also receive a Miss Sweetheart sash & The Elite title will also receive a community award plaque. The goal is for each contestant to sell at least $1,000 in sponsorship ads.
MCCEF provides a channel through which our community can directly impact the quality of education our students receive. State funding can only carry us so far and MCCEF is committed to bridging the gaps that can carry our children forward on their educational journeys. To date, MCCEF has provided over $110,000 in grants to our cluster schools, which include Duncan Creek Elementary, Fort Daniel Elementary, Harmony Elementary, Ivy Creek Elementary, Puckett’s Mill Elementary, Jones Middle School, Osborne Middle School and Mill Creek High School.
With your efforts, we can continue to provide additional funding to support innovative grants that greatly enhance our students’ quality of education and our success as a community.
Both businesses, friends and family can sponsor a contestant via a tax-deductible sponsorship.
- Sponsorship options are as follows:
- Crystal ($25)– sponsor receives a 1/8 page color program ad
- Sapphire ($ 75)– sponsor receives a 1/4 page color program ad
- Ruby ($100)– sponsor receives a 1/2 page color program ad
- Emerald ($150)– sponsor receives a full-page color program ad
- Diamond ($250)– sponsor receives a full page inside cover ad (only 2 diamond sponsorships available on a first come/first served basis.)
- Red Diamond ($500)- sponsors ad is printed in color on the back page of the program (only one (1) available on a first come/first served basis.)
- Sponsorship pledges must be made online at missmillcreek.com.
- Sponsors can pay online with debit or credit card or offline with cash or check.
- Contestants may collect cash or check from sponsor preferring not to pay online.
- Contests will maintain a physical log that includes both business and friends’/family sponsorships that are collected via cash or check.
- Logs will be turned in with collected cash and checks and amounts listed on the log should match the cash and checks in hand. These totals will be added to contestant’s online payments.
- Cash, Checks & physical logs must be turned in before the deadline to the pageant director.
- Little, Junior & Miss Community Sweetheart submission deadline is posted on the pageant calendar at www.missmillcreek.com.
- Any extensions will be announced and placed on the pageant calendar online at www.missmillcreek.com.
- No monies will be accepted past the deadline.
- All artwork must be submitted by the deadline.
- Sponsors can upload digital artwork online at www.missmillcreek.com.
- Artwork (digital) supplied by a sponsor (usually a business sponsor) should be 300 PPI (aka DPI) at 100% of ad size.
- Full page ad: 300 pixels (PPI/DPI) at 8.5 x 11″ or 2550 x 3300 pixels.
- Half page ad: 300 pixels (PPI/DPI) at 8.5 x 5.5″ or 2550 x 1650 pixels
- Quarter page ad: 300 pixels (PPI/DPI) at 4.25 x 5.5″ or 1275 x 1650 pixels
- Accepted formats: .jpg, .png, .pdf
- Digital images to be used in ads designed by our graphic designer should be as high in resolution (or as big in size) as possible.
- Ad design available for $10 per ad payable to our graphic designer upon approval of ad proof.
Raising financial support beyond the registration/entry fee is strictly optional. At no time will the judges know who raised any funds until it is announced on stage during the awards ceremony.
Graphic Design: Brenda Jameson, Artistic Pageant Services. www.pageantads.com.